Underground mine Tour - Wollongong
During my buisness trip last week, I had a once in a lifetime experience to visit an underground coal mine in New South Wales, Sydney Australia.
Before we took the truck down, we had to go through a 40mins induction course. Then we were given the suit and safety gear to put on. The "self-rescuer" (oxygen that last 15mins)on left of my waist and the battery for my lamp on the right. Both of these add a3+kg to my attire which I couldnt wear it by myself ! With the boots that is one size too big for me, I was struggling to balance myself in the uneven underground mine. Still, its all worth it !
We went up to the shirer to see how the machine path a road, that allow the longwall to cut the coal. The whole place was dark except for the lights from our helmet. Needless to say, it was very noisy and dusty too. It made me realise the spike in coal price is all justiable as the life of coal miner aint easy one.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home