Di da di....

In my mid 30's. Happily married without KIDS ! oh my...should I worry or should i not ! Whatever... Enjoy the luxury of ample free time and twosome...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Cathay Cineplex

I went to the newly built Cathay cineplex at Dhodby Ghaut to watch The Bangquet today.
The majority of the units are not occupied yet, hence a 'pretty empty' feeling when I stepped into the building. However, the cinema is indeed v. Hi-Tech.

First, I was impressed with the ticketing counter, each ticketing terminal is "two-sided", ie one side facing the customer and allowing them to select or change their seats. This is indeed a superb service which I am very impressed. I'm not sure if other cinemas provide this service but its defintely new to me. I've booked my ticket on-line which already allowed me to select my seats, that's why I'm surprised the staff offerred me again before issuing the tickets. Indeed Quality Customer Service.

The toilet is clean and dry, & design of basin is modern too.
In the theater, the seats between rows are spacious and they are the most comfortable ones I've ever come across... The only disappointment - the sound system . There were parts of the show where the left or right speaker doesnt seem to be working well as if alternating. The sound system should be flawless for such a new and established cinema. Not sure if technical fault or due to the movie..Nonetheless, I still recommend friends to catch a movie there if they havent.
This is defintely my favourite cinema now, especially since it only took me less then 20min bus journey & UOB cardmembers can get 12% disc! ...the most important draw is still the SEAT.

Thanks to S. who accomopanied me for the show. I'm glad she enjoyed too, as not all would like to watch this movie.

Personally, I've always enjoyed watching Zhang ziyi's movies. She seems to have master the skills of using her eyes to "talk"! More importantly, I like this movie for its cinematography. No doubt, its kinda bloody...lots of killings and good guys all died in the end. Daniel Wu didnt shine much in this role. Still like to see him in modern shows :)

oh...and I finally claimed the Her World prize, went for my Hair color & Hair treatment at Stamford Plaza. ...Two more prizes to claim next month - all related to Hair Treament services!
If only I won the Car instead ....ok, be contented.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the movie? I am not sure whether to watch....Is it nice? like house of flying daggers or more like memoirs of geisha?

12:54 PM  
Blogger didadi said...

Its a romance movie and only if you dont mind watching Zhang Ziyi, cos major part of show is revolving around her love for Daniel Wu, how much one sacrifices for love.....I Like it.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Miffy said...

Daniel Wu I adore...Zhang ZY I cannot. I tried watching Memoirs on DVD. 2 attempts. I couldn't finish the show because of her. :P

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home