Di da di....

In my mid 30's. Happily married without KIDS ! oh my...should I worry or should i not ! Whatever... Enjoy the luxury of ample free time and twosome...

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Kids lost in Market

I've witness a funny incident today that reflect the different styles of teaching the young these days. We were at Toa Payoh Lor 1 market, going for our b/fast when we saw group of aunties crowding around 2 young kids, one boy around 3yrs old and his sister around 5yrs old. These kids were seated comfortably on chairs and drinking yakult. We over-heard they were lost in the market. An old man who walked passed us complained, the kids these days are overly pampered. Instead of buying drinks for them, they should be taught a lesson, the old man kept grumbling and whining . By pampering the kids this way, next time, they will want to get lost again, and not be afraid as it meant that strangers will buy things for them, take care of them and just sit there an wait for their parents. I am surprise with his comments, as the aunty was being helpful and concern abt the kids, she is making the kids feel comfortable, as I'm sure they must be frighten since they are lost .

I think the old man is over-sensitive on this incident. On the other hand, i felt the parents are the one to blame, how can the parent lost both her kids in the first place !! Ok, assuming the childern were being naughty and ran around instead of following closely behind their parents, if that's why they get lost, then I agreed they should be taught a lesson. Anyway, after our b/fast, they were no longer there, so I assume the parent have claimed them !

Kids these days are indeed pampered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home