Di da di....

In my mid 30's. Happily married without KIDS ! oh my...should I worry or should i not ! Whatever... Enjoy the luxury of ample free time and twosome...

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Biz trip 2009 - Saraji Mine at Moranbah

Just returned from a biz trip to Brisbane. It has been a year since I last travelled for Business..Eventhough I had a tiring & stressful trip with jet lag & demanding workload etc..., it is nonetheless a get-away from the routine office hour and a chance to meet my mentor after nearly 2 years....I was in a mine site meeting with 13 other Aussie men (I'm the only chinese lady & was a little intimidating to start with). Some are friendly and initiated introduction...some just kept to themselves and ignoring me. The meeting went well and wasnt too stressful (maybe becos SQ was the facilitator). Whilst there was no pre-alert on what I had to prepare....I'm glad I printed some shipping reports for emergency use. Qns were posed to me out of the blue for shipping figures & am glad I had the numbers with me...

This is a monthly Sales & operation planning meeting which will be attended by my manager in future...I was standing in whilst he was on vacation this time.....frankly, a good meeting that should be attended by the schedulers to build relationship and to understand the true bottlenecks in supply chain. Only downside is to travel 8hrs for one day's meeting, and it isnt possible to hold a tel.conference.

Now, I'm just looking forward to my vacation in 2 week's time. The next meeting was scheduled on 22nd Oct - the day before I return from my vacation that ends 22nd !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home