Di da di....

In my mid 30's. Happily married without KIDS ! oh my...should I worry or should i not ! Whatever... Enjoy the luxury of ample free time and twosome...

Monday, August 11, 2008

3 weeks in Shanghai

Just last Friday, I've accepted an offer of working 3 weeks in Shanghai next month.
This offer is a "Best Practise" programme, where the distribution team starts with job rotation of some old staff who had been doing a task for too long, allowing them a taste of what other DA are doing.

My first thought was pure excitment, for I get to experience working oversease (had been my dream since I graduated!) Plus, my bro is working in Shanghai. There wont be any discrimination in Chinese community! It will be a great exposure....Then, a sense of anxiety set in, what is the intent of this offer? Will I be posted longer term to Shanghai? What if that happen? My family -James, dad, kyen and zong ? What is the implication of my job security here? Will I loose the scheduling job for good -end up doing invoicing and contracts and cornered into giving up ? The cynical me started all the negativity of this offer.....

So I approach manager and try to sound out what's behind all these schuffling of jobs where another "ang moh" will try out my job in my absence. I was assured not to worry abt securing my job as I will defintely return to it. Take it as form of motivation, exposure to learn how the China Iron Ore market works. How our Shanghai office operates and experience the different work culture...All sounds good and afterall, this is already the 2nd "seconment" offer, if I were to reject again, it will reflect badly on me in management's eye.

Come what may, lets be adventurous before I'm a mother....yup..I'vent give up on that hope yet !! In fact, had just been reminded by F.I-L yesterday "not to drink soya milk as it will affect fertility" !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home