SINGAPORE A0000000........SINGAPORE !!
Does anyone ever seen the above in your credit card bill and wonder which merchant this is??
I had a bad experience with both my bank and the famous Singapore Airline that I want to share here with my friends:
Sometime mid of march, I chance upon my on-line Bank Cr card statement indicating a transaction by the merchant "SINGAPORE A000000 Singapore "........SGD 95. I had no clue what this is about and rang up local bank to ask which merchant this is so I may have some idea if this is a valid transaction. To my surprise, the customer service officer mumbled " It could be Singapore Airline. " without sounding convincing,I then told him I had not incurred any charges with the airline this month. He said he will investigate and ring me back shortly, saying it can be any other merchant.
I was more astonished when he recommend that I wait till end of March for my statement, then ring them again to investigate about this transaction !! Why on earth am I talking to him then ! I guess he probably is plain lazy in filing a case for me, so I insisted that he log this complaint and send me the dispute request form, he then recommended me to make full payment regardless, so that if indeed it was proven a legitimate charge I had incurred, I will not have to pay for interest and late payment fees !!! ---Not happy with the service but at least I had submitted the dispute form and refuse the payment untill full investigation is carried out.
Finally today, I receive a call from Krisflyer, this guy told me the charge was relating to Airport tax for my redemption ticket in Dec 2007. I then ask why it took 3 months before it is charged to me, and how can I identify that it is from Singapore Airline, to which he wasnt able to give a reasonable explanation, but simply said that he will email me, for me to acknowledge and agree to make the payment. There was no apologies and worst, when I receive his email there was no proof of the E-ticket that clearly indicate the airport tax was indeed the amount stated on my bill !!
Also, when I ask him how can I be assured this is not a duplicated charge since its been 3 months, he said I can only check with my bank, and they are not able to advise !
HAloooooo. ...........what happen to the good service the national Airline has been famous for !! Its a clear case where they had made a mistake, overlooked at their end and expect me to check with my bank ? or even incur the unecessary late payment fees & interests !
I decided not to acknowledge the email, unless I have seen the proof of E-ticket and a satisfactory explanation from the Duty Manager Andrew Ang !
Am I being unreasonable - Nope. I dont think so. I am just dissatisfied with services and being very caution on my bills. Customer's rights.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home