Update - Shopping Trip yesterday
Not a fruitful one.
I arrived Isetan at 10am, while there is no queue entering the stall, the shoppers in the stall are many and just seems like everyone else took leave to enjoy last few days shopping. I was quite disappointed as for most items that I intend to buy - clothes,lingerie, heels - I cannot find my size, or I have no patience to wait or to squeeze among the crowd. I realise I do not enjoy shopping in a messy, crowded environment, yes - its all on discounts and good deals. But you compromised on the comfort level or taking own leisure time to pick and choose and try-it-on.
I head straight to Wacoal section and nothing on sales attracts me. Plus, there's already long queue at the fitting room. I wont want to buy bra without trying them on.....Hence, moved on to MANGO - which is having 70% sales. Picked up 2 denim bermudas, waited in line to try them on but none fit. Went to Tommy Gal next and while its on sales, the casual T's/polo shirt they are selling on offer are still approximately $45....still I put it back, thinking in my mind.....can get nice Zara T anyway for less then $30. OK....Brand is diff but material abt the same....I am not brand conscious anyway. Next, I manage to find one working skirt 30% off and asked for a new piece too. I wont say its great deal but avg for IORA clothes.
I went to Stationary counter and saw all items on 20% discount. Bought one calculator for personal use since the one at home is spoilt. Then I went down to shoe section, there are nice ones and sizes available too. But it is so crowded with ladies waiting for sizes to be fetch, that I decided not to buy any and moved on...
Finally out of Isetan Stall, and onto ZARA sales. Another disappointing trip and somehow the range of casual Ts in Wheelock branch seems v limited. I had to walked two rounds to finally pick up one Red knitted top which I can wear for work and CNY ! Also saw nice heels but not my size. This was a damn long Q as I waited easily more then 30mins just to pay for the one Top !
By then, its already 1220pm and about to rain again....Quickly head back to Iseten Scotts and bought MOS Burger to head home.
Whole morning for 1 top, 1 skirt and 1 calculator ! ....and totally forgot abt collecting my contact lens from Wisma Atria. Another trip to Orchard again today.

2 Comments:
Yo babe, I went to Zara on Thursday to pick up something for my girls, bot a shirt and a pleated skirt for each of them though the buttons were falling off, quite happy with the buy esp after seeing the girls putting them on at home....intended to buy sometime for myself for CNY but nothing caught my eyes, like what you say very limited (even for the children stuff) and still not cheap. did see a blouse but after discount still cost $80, think I am better off with the local brands. looks like I will be wearing old clothes for the CNY....
Hi Tam
I did more shopping over the last weekend, lots of places having sales - Isetan, Shops in Wisma Atria etc where I bought few working skirts and Tops. You'll need to have the time and patience to really shop around. As after my purchase at Wisma Atria on 31st, I went to Byis @ J8 yesterday and saw a similar skirt selling $20+ cheaper. As for kids' clothes, I believe United Sq has lots of choices. Especially Guesskids. Guess was on sales last week,maybe you can still check it out.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home