Di da di....

In my mid 30's. Happily married without KIDS ! oh my...should I worry or should i not ! Whatever... Enjoy the luxury of ample free time and twosome...

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve Party 2006

Both of us woke up 9.30am , consider late start given that we have many things to prepare for the night. I start off the day with ironing some clothes, hoping to clear the pile while waiting for my breakfast delivered....of cos, got my dar to buy back for me. The hunger from missing out on two meals has been a rare case for me. I know once I have feed my body some food, I will be feeling alot better. Took a short nap again before I shower and was well enough to run the errands with dar at 3pm.
We went to Katong Complex in heavy rain to collect the pre-ordered food:
Christmas Roast Turkey; Roast Beef; 1kg of Tuna and Salmon sashimi and X'mas Log Cake
Then, we went to pick up Fried Been Hoon , Fish Ball and Fried Chicken Wing that my mum in-law helped prepared. That was already 430pm.
We also lined-up "door gifts" for friends near the entrance, prepared tit-bits/ candies for kids, party sets and Christmas presents for families and friends' children.
My family arrived early at 5pm. Bro gave us "flower tea" he brought from Shanghai where it will bloom into flower when hot water is poured into glass. It was fascinating and the tea is lightly favoured. Very re-freshing and interesting that captivated my dad and father-in-law's attention ! One was talking of bringing the product into Singapore !
Within the next hour, more kids arrived (nieces/newphews/ friends' children). This year, we have catered 1 "Playroom" for the kids. James bought two games from overseas to keep the kids occupied.
1) Shooting Game operated by sensor where there are two plastic bottles & cans to be shot down from the log with a gun.
2) 7-1 Game mini pool, soccer table game etc....
The kids were excited and screaming, climbing up and down of the bed.
They defintely had alot more fun this year, doesnt matter if the bed is in a mess, no one really sleep in the guest room anyway. Father in-law also came with bottles of Party sizzle, where he sprayed some white foam on our windows, trying to decorate ( which I would rather not have !), then he gave them to his grand-children (ohmygosh!!!), where they excitedly spray all over in the corridor area outside out house. sigh.....what can i say, its for for the atmosphere and fun but cleaning up work is a headache. I suppose once a year is fine and more importantly, James will be clearing up this leftover stains ! Being his supportive wife, I would have to play along and enjoy myself, just as much as he would have and learn to appreciate his generousity.

Cyn & Ber arrived late, around 8+pm. I served some food to them outside as the dining table is fully occupied. Only when some guests left shortly after, that we moved in to the house. Apologies that they must be perspiring and feel hot. After makan, they proceed to the "game room" and played the shooting game as well, loser had to finish a glass of champagne! We had lots of laughter and fun, especially when James was trying all the funny poses to distract the gals, while they try to aim hard at the targets. I managed to capture some candid photos too.

My family left at abt 1030pm after watching TV, James was already snorring in the Guest room, where some friends were playing "Chua-Tai-Di" Losers had to drink champagne again. The friends then moved to hall, so james can sleep in room without disturbance.
They continue playing the card game till we had our countdount at mn.
Cyn, as always, couldnt stop her inquiring mind and kept bombarding James's friends with questions - making us all lol. While they were playing the games, I took the oppotunity to start clearing dining area. Bernice was so sweet to offer help eventhough I tried hard to resist as it was already rude to start clearing while friends are playing in hall. Nontheless, I just tot closed friends wont mind....didnt want to stay up into the wee hrs to clear the stuff. (or rather, I tried to throw leftover food away, while my dar is alseep !!) HAHAH

Before I went to bed at 130am, I opened my Present, its a Blue-label Christimas limited edition Burberry handbag James bought from Japan. Perfect gift as my handbags are getting old and time to change a new one. I really like this a lot. Thanks dardar. 12155 !

Actually while I am updating this blog, he is busy cleaning up the kitchen now. I had woke up at 7am to help wash pots & pans, clean glass-top tables, sweep the floor, throw the rubbish, wash the floor mats etc.. The tougher job is now left to him - mopping the house and cleaning up the window & kitchen! Overall, its a fun night. Food is only so-so but companion was great.

Merry Christmas to all ......and Thank you for those who attended and read my blog !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home