Monday - Chua Chu Kang Columbarium
Pay a visit to my mum at CCK Columbarium on Monday - Christmas Day, very sweet of James to initiate it. We went there around 5pm. I wouldnt have expected people to visit at this hour as its rather late and didnt expect it to be open. To my surprise there's 1 family there as well. What is interesting is that someone must had displayed musical Christmas card - as the whole place is so quiet - I tot that was a very sweet gesture for all "dead" to enjoy the "Caroling" !
While we were about to leave, it started raining again. James drove his van over and noted a family waiting at the pick up point. He then signalled to the man and asked if he drove, as we didnt see any car there aside from one that was park far away. Of cos, the reply was nope, and James offerred to fetch them out. For those who have been to the cloumbarium, it is very inconvenient if one doesnt drive, especially when this family has two young children and a granny. All 3 adults and 2 kids squeezed inside our mini-Kangoo van. The were speaking and chatting happily in Cantonese all the way to Redhill...yup instead of dropping them off at nearest MRT, James send them to their destination ! Apparently the granny is 70yrs old and her children were back from Australia to visit her.
I was impressed with Jame's sharp observation and a very kind heart.
Not many people will borther to notice or even offer a ride to strangers.
At least I wouldnt have noticed them in the first place. I simply hopped onto van and saw James still standing and looking at the family for awhile. So I must say, I have lots to learn from my dear. Come to think of it, its the 3rd time he had offered rides to strangers from the columbarium !! hahhaa
Well, i just want to pen this down. Not to brat about how good my hubby is but to remind myself to do good deeds, and not to always think of myself only.

1 Comments:
This is a touching entry, Joyce! I am so touched just by reading your blog. James has a kind heart, definitely! Must sayang him more! ;-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home