Di da di....

In my mid 30's. Happily married without KIDS ! oh my...should I worry or should i not ! Whatever... Enjoy the luxury of ample free time and twosome...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tour Package of min size

I've always assumed that big travel agency like Hong Thai Travel etc will provide superior services as compared to smaller travel agents. I am wrong.

We booked a tour package with Hong Thai in mid Sep, for a trip to Taiwan on 12-18th Oct. though we understand that departure is pending for minimum grp size of 10pax. I had to do the follow up calls and emails to chase up on status....they promised to push for this sales during the Natas Fair. Unfortunately Most pple prefer to leave on 14th Oct instead. Hence I was told my package is cancelled (that was yesterday). Though she try to persuade me to take up the 14th, I insisted on 12th as we had our leave approved and didnt want to change our travel plans.

Naturally, One would expect the travel agent to offer options - eg. tour with departure of 12th Oct etc. Nope, in fact I had to ask her & again to follow up on status later in the day. Given that none was available on 12 Oct , I ask for refund cheque for my deposit. She will try to get it ready for collection tomorrow (Tue).

This, really isnt good enough . I complained I was disappointed with their service level.
First, I had to chase for status of my booking, then when we made payments, we had to pay by cash, but when ask for their refund, I cannot even get it back on same day? Not to mention the hassel to urgently find other tour package and made immediate payment as well due to short notice. Finally she gave in . Sometimes if you make things easy, people take for granted, but if u show your dissatisfaction, the works can actually get done.

BTW, while waiting for my refund cheque at the travel agent in People Park Complex, I heard a couple complaining to their supervisor, the lady was saying " We are not getting what we paid for!" ....see another unhappy customer.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joyce...

sorry to hear you had bad experience with the tour agent.

How about writing something cheerful and happy that you remembered for a change?

Remember: You can choose to write happy things on a rock and write unhappy things on the sand of a beach.

That will make yourself happier and also everyone else. :-)

10:03 PM  
Blogger didadi said...

YES MY COMING TRIP, defintely looking forward...an the lunch we had today, so relax and yummy. simple meal and I am happy! eventhought they served the wrong noodle to you :) hahha

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha....yeah coz our lunch group talk about jokes and happy things which is also why i enjoy you guys' company very much! :-) wrong noodle also nevermind!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and also, Looking forward to your pictures man!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger didadi said...

Yup, defintely try the infamous taiwan 5-lian poses minimum. hahah:)

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home