Di da di....

In my mid 30's. Happily married without KIDS ! oh my...should I worry or should i not ! Whatever... Enjoy the luxury of ample free time and twosome...

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Zong 2nd B'Day - 1st Visit to Zoo

It has been more then 10yrs since I visited the Singapore Zoo. I started early (I thought) with fetching Kyen n Zong at 10am from Yishun. It was only approx. 10mins drive to the Mandai Zoo. To our surprise after I drove passed the Orchid Villa, the road leading to the Zoo was terribly jamed. Some cars were making U-turn and we were guessing if there's some accident ahead. Then, we saw security guy directing cars to park along the road-side....ah " Car Park Full " so we followed suit and took a 10mins walk. Didnt realise our Zoo is so popular, Families with young children and grandparents. I supposed its largely due to last weekend before school starts.
This is the first trip for Zong to the Zoo. He wasnt willing to walk by himself and insisted to be carried by mummy throughout the journey - Somehow we just followed the signage and still we missed the "Elephant" section & all animal shows ! We did see the White Tiger, Monkeys, Orah Utan, Snakes,Giraffe, Polar Bear among many others. Zong was having the most fun at the Children's playground, following the older kids and taking the slides. I was actually quite worried that he will fall or tripped among the many kids. It ended after a short 2 hrs trip as we were all tired & hungry by 1+pm ! We took the tram back to exit area and along the way finally caught sight of Elephant rides - quickly pointing to Zong to see the "elephants" !

Overall a good trip. I certainly admired miffy's energy -a friend of mine who love taking her kids to zoo regularly. Never mind the hot weather and the crowd; & the 'everlasting Long Qs' everywhere - especially the KFC (the power of love for kids)!! If I am to return again with zong, I would defintely have to prepare drinks & sandwiches and start real early say 8.30am !

Some photos to share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home