ITALY - ROME 17-19th July
I have always wanted to have my honeymoon in Europe since I was a teenager, thinking it will be very romantic to spend days visiting these countries with loved ones. Yes, it was a great trip and eye-opening for me to experience the Italyian Cutlure - So expressive and loud but a Very Romantic Country filled with Rich history and breath-taking architectural buildings.
We arrived Rome as our first stop for a stay of 2 days and covered these famous tourist attractions
1) The Colosseum - one of the World 7 Wonders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colosseum
2) The Trevi Fountain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevi_fountain
3) Saint Peter's Square http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Peter
4) Saint Peter's Basilica - Largest Catholic Church in World
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Peter
5) The Spanish Steps & Piazza Di Spagna http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_steps
6) The Vatican Museum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_Museums
6i) The Sistine Chapel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sistine_Chapel
I was barred from entry to St Peter's Basilica as I was wearing shorts, luckily they allowed the guys to enter the church and told them where to buy a scraf to cover my exposed legs (as form of respect), thank goodness I finally got in. We also took a lift & climb 320 steps to the top of Dome to see the beautiful view of the City. The visit to the Vatican Museum was also impressive especially with the Michelangelo's Paintings on the Ceiling of Sistine Chapel. Its really beautiful works of Art that one must defintely visit if ever in Rome. What amazed me was these painting gave a 3 dimensional feel when one admires these on the ceiling.
While the above were big pluses to the visit, the not so welcoming reasons for me to consider a return trip will be : Traffic in city (& narrow roads); Not-so-polite service staff in boutiques & Expensive Italian Food - Pasta -Pizza everyday and even their MacDonald can be costly (Abt Euro18 for 2 pax set meals!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home